Monday, November 12, 2007

Visas and ATM cards

So this morning I spent about 3 1/2 hours in the Migrations Office for my visa. It was the 3rd time, but we had to go to extend the date and whatnot. The people who went last week said it only took about 1 1/2 hours, but I guess the fact that today is Monday as opposed to Friday helped. I overheard some of the staff commenting about how many people there were and that, even for a Monday, there usually aren´t that many people. Needless to say, I didnt go to class at 11. Oh well.

Saturday night I lost my ATM card. Boo. Very out of character for me. I realized right as I was about to go out, so tried to refrain from freaking out and made phone calls to cancel it and have a new one set to a friend´s sister who will be visiting next week. Today I went to the bank and asked about it and the card is there, but I need my original passport to get it out. I had a copy of my passport and my original visa form (from this morning), but had stopped by my house to drop off my original passport so I didn´t have to carry it around. Oh well. They said that if I don´t come back for it in 48 hours they´ll destroy it. I figure I´ll let them do that and just get my new one from Sarah´s sister since I´ve already cancelled it. Oh goodness...

Right now they´re finally repairing our appartment. They´ve been supposed to for a while now, but they just started last week. So... lots of things are rearranged. New painting. Soon the light will be fixed in my room--woohoo!

Anyway, thats my "fun" news for now. Haha. Now its time to get some studying done. I have my 2nd "midterm" in anthropology on Wednesday!

No comments: