Thursday, December 20, 2007

Last full day...

Today´s my last full day in Buenos Aires. At least for a while.
Strange, it hasn´t really kicked in yet.
The past few days have been nice. Quiet, because most of my friends have left or have been traveling. Today I´m finally turning in my independent study. I packed up most of my stuff yesterday. I´ve been successful in doing the last few things I really wanted to do. Tuesday night I went to the Peña de Colorado. Very cool place. There´s a show everynight and you can get food there. Its more folk-music and music/food from the provinces. I went with Steph and had a tasty locro norteño for dinner and we listened to a good band. Well, the was a main guy and then various other musicians would join him based on the song. He played flute and would record as he played and use it to make levels. He could play entirely by himself and he´d create a really cool, full sounding song, recording it all live. Very cool.
Yesterday I went to MALBA (Museum of Latin American Art). I´m not a huge museum person, but I liked this one. Glad I went.
Today I was wandering around the city getting a few last minute things done. I went to a bookstore I had heard about that used to be an old theater. Its really cool. The balcony seats are reading rooms and there´s a café on the stage.
Anyway, time to turn in my paper! Tongiht we´re having a goodbye dinner. I made chocolate chip cookies--yum!
I´ll probably have another entry on the way... I´ll try to update that I´m home safe and sound, though I pretty much jump right back in to a crazy schedule. I´ll see what I can do.
Chau!

No comments: